All Star Program Info
Monomoy Little League All Star Season
For many, the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, represents the ultimate climax of the Little League season. But the "road to all stars," where millions of kids and their families participate annually in postseason tournaments, can be just as important and exciting.
Playing on a MLL All Star team is a privilege and goes beyond just talent. Players and Coaches that are selected to the All Star team are expected to represent Monomoy Little League with the highest degree of sportsmanship and respect for their community, teammates, coaches, opponents, umpires and spectators.
MLL postseason play is structured a little differently than the regular season. Hopefully this guide will help you through the process to ensure all players and families have a great All Star baseball experience.
- MLL will be holding a 1-day All Star Evaluation Day. Date TBD.
- Each player will be evaluated on their throwing, fielding and batting skills. Using these evaluations, the coaches will select players to join their All Star team.
All Stars Time Commitments
- The All Stars schedule is demanding and runs from approximately mid-June to about the end of July.
- The age 9 team will play three tournaments locally, one being at our home field. The age 10, 11 and 12 teams will all play at least four local tournaments, with one being at our home field.
- Families must commit to attending 100% of the events on the schedule.
- Schedules for each tournament weekend are not released to the league until the week of that tournament. Typically, you should plan on playing Friday through Sunday, though a few tournaments will start Thursday evening – that is the exception. The schedule is forwarded to your coach, and then to each of you as soon as we get it. This can make for last-minute scheduling but is unavoidable.
- Once your player is selected to an All Star team you will need to complete the online All Star Registration.
- There is an additional cost for participation of $125
- Parents are responsible for transportation of your player to all practices, games and tournaments.
- Remember that this is an All Star team − playing positions, playing time and batting order is totally up to the coach’s discretion. Just because your player was a pitcher or shortstop during the season doesn’t mean that is where they will play in All Stars. There is a minimum play rule − everyone will play!!
- All Star Tournaments will feel competitive. The best of each league has been chosen to play in these tournaments.
- Remember, your biggest responsibility is to both our players and coaches. Set a good example of support and sportsmanship. Be loud and proud, both in winning and losing.
- A team parent will be assigned to help coordinate communication and answer any questions that may arise.
- Players will need to be present for weekly practices to be scheduled by the coach.
- Players will need to arrive on time for all tournament games, and be prepared − dressed in the league-provided uniform, with any needed equipment
- The tournaments are often on hot summer weekends − make sure your player has drinks and snacks to keep up the energy.
- The tournaments take a lot out of the kids − making sure they get a good night’s sleep is essential.
The home tournament is a team commitment
- The home tournament will run at our home field, Centeio-Baldwin, on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Snack Shack will need to be staffed by MLL parents and open for all games, even when your child’s team is not playing.
- The fields will need to be maintained, before and after each game- your coaches will need help.
- Team Parents will be assigned, and will work with the coaches to assign responsibilities to all team families, including Snack Shack coverage, contributing snacks and water for away games, and more.
Playing on the MLL All Star team is a great honor, yet comes with a demanding commitment. The rewards are many and worth the effort. For any questions not addressed here, please contact us at email@example.com
See you at the field!